Friday, August 20, 2010

Wrestling

This is the first week of a major change in direction for me. After a week in Florida that seemed to aid the transition I find that I have much to be grateful for...I love that for the first time in 4 years I am in an office with windows...that a quick stroll to the mailbox can be combined with pulling a few weeds in a flower bed...that my dog Buster is always happy to be in my company and that I haven't shaved in what is approaching two weeks.

It seems I'm forever wrestling with how the future looks and finding my place in it. But the wrestling is a process that is growing and stretching me.

Tonight I join a group of guys from the area at the Amigo Centre for a mini retreat. I have never been interested in a beat-my-chest, shoot some guns, let's prove that we are real men powwow, so I seriously hope that this is nothing like that...my attendance is a direct result of an invite from a person that has serious credibility with me. So, I go wanting to hear God and yes, perhaps it's another step in the process. Regardless, I want to be found worthy of His calling, whatever shape or form that turns out to be.

2 comments:

Kathy Beachy said...

I am with you on the changes in ones daily routine thing. Some days are great and other days, you wonder, "what have I done"? What is your work in that office with windows?

Gene said...

I'm back to overseeing the Dutch Cleaning business and I'm not sure what else I'm doing yet. :)